We are having our 4th annual 3 on 3 Xmas Tournament scheduled for Dec 28th 8pm start. See details below.
Space is limited to 9 skaters per team – 45 players. FIRST COME FIRST SERVE. Please visit the scorekeeper booth to put your name on the sign-up sheet. We will keep a wait list once we are full. Teams will be announced night of at the rink. You can also sign-up using the Poll on the right side of the main page of this website. Make sure you use your actual name in your user name so we know who you are.
Thurs Dec 28
1 vs 2
3 vs 4
5 vs 1
2 vs 4
3 vs 1
5 vs 2
4 vs 1
3 vs 5
2 vs 3
5 vs 4
1st v 2nd
3 on 3 Format/Rules
· Each team will have their own dressing room #1-#5
· Each team will consist of 9 skaters
· 3 on 3 rules will be in effect
· All games are 15 mins running time.
· Team finishing a game will have one minute to leave the ice. Teams starting the next game will have one minute before the game is started. No warm up (or very limited) of goalies is suggested.
· ICINGS are not called in games
· Penalty shots are taken in lieu of a team being shorthanded
· Face-offs will occur only at the beginning of each game at center ice.
· All offside plays at the blue line will be deemed delayed offside and the referee will blow the whistle for the offending players to release the puck and exit the zone. Once all the offending players have exited the zone together, they may re-
enter the offensive zone
· OUT OF PLAY – When the puck goes out of play, the team not responsible for the stoppage in play will be awarded the puck. A minimum of ten feet of clearance shall be given to resume play. No face-off will occur. If the puck goes out of
play but is returned without player interference the puck is still live and play should continue as normal. (i.e. off the white plastic or netting at the end of the rink)
· GOALIE FREEZES PUCK – When play is stopped due to the goalie controlling the puck or a goal was scored, a whistle will signal the attacking players to vacate the zone. Once all the attackers have exited the zone, the players may re-enter
to resume play immediately. They may not challenge the opposition until they have all exited the zone. Attacking prematurely "may" result in a penalty for the offending team.
· If goalie is hit in mask – play will stop and face-off will occur.
· The 2 top finishing teams after round robin play will participate in the championship game.
· 2 pts awarded for a win, 1 pt for a tie and 0 pts for a loss. Tie breakers - 1) Goals For 2) Goals Against 3) Coin Toss
· Penalty Points for Regular Season to apply if of a more serious nature and or misconducts are received.
Full stats and standings are now available. Check out the menu links on the left. We try to keep this up to date within a week of the actual games.
This year's Annual General Meeting is to be held in the Norm Taylor room above the rink (same room as the banquet) Thursday May 25th at 6:30p.m.
The meeting is a seriously great opportunity for you to provide input and ideas into the league. If you have any constructive thoughts on rules, format, league operations, this website, or you are just interested in listening to the discussions about the league, come on out. It is always a very informative and worth attending.
Adoption of 2014-2015 AGM Minutes
Vice President’s Report
Election of 3 New Board of Directors